Monday 3 February 2014

Seventh Day of Editing: Final experimentation of foleying for our opening scene

Today, we recorded the foleying noises that we needed for our opening scene. These are the foosteps, heavy breathing, heartbeat and gunshot:
The footsteps went well, I wore a pair of Sophie's heels and we made sure to choose a pair that had a thick heel instead of a thin one as the heels I wore on the day of filming had a thick heel, so we needed to make sure the noise fit the shoe and the scene. I just ran on the spot while Sophie recorded me as the sound would be more realistic than if I made the running-heel noises with my hands.

Me and Sophie recording the footsteps.
For the heavy breathing we went with what we'd done in the experimentation foleying and I wore myself out so that the heavy breathing would sound more realistic when we recorded it, instead of it being obvious that I had made myself breathe heavily.
Me and Sophie recording the heavy breathing.

The gunshot went quite well, we used a staple gun to create the bang and we tried it on plenty of different surfaces to find the correct one that we liked most, the one we went with we'd used the staple gun on one of the noticeboards on the wall, here's a video showing us trying it out:

Update: We decided not to record the heartbeat as anything we tried didn't sound realistic enough and we decided it wasn't necessary to have it in the running scenes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment