Sunday 2 February 2014

Fourth Day of Editing: Final decision on music

Sophie has been looking at pieces of music to be used in our opening scene of Silent Temptation, and sent them to me for me to listen to and give her feedback on what I thought of them so we could make a decision as to whether we would use them.
I listened to the first piece:

With this piece of music I agreed that I liked it and thought it was suitable, I think it would be best fit to the scenes of the characters in the wedding shop, as it is mainly jazz which has more of a romantic feel to it which fits with the attraction between the femme fatale and the anti hero in these scenes.
From looking at other comments from people attached to this video, the owner is pretty willing to let people use the piece of music for other uses as long as he is included in the credits, so we will send him a message asking if we can use it and then we will decide on what part of the piece to use in the scenes we want it for.

However, for Sophie's other suggestion of an artist who composes his own music I didn't really take a liking to as his pieces of music have more of a classical feel to them and he also sings in all of his pieces of music so I don't feel it is appropriate for the conventions of our film.
Also, we need a piece of music for the scenes where I am being chased that creates tension, I tried looking around but it has proven difficult to find a piece, I will have a look around again and so will Sophie to see if we can find something that fits what is requested.

Update: We think we've finally decided on a piece for the scene where the femme fatale is chased at the beginning, we like the first 40 seconds of it and Sophie said she thinks it goes well with the scenes we would want it to play over top of.

No comments:

Post a Comment