Sunday 22 September 2013

Typical film noir images






















Our version: The woman is shown in a light brighter than the man so I tried to increase the brightness but also the contrast so that more of the shadow fell over Cal's face like in the original photo. With the organisation of this photo Cal is brought to the front and the camera focuses on him more than it does on me like in the original photo, this is to show the males importance and dominance over the woman. 










































Our version: In the original picture the woman stands out in contrast to the background, I have tried to do this in our version by focusing the saturation on me so that the background blackens out and I have tinted myself so that I stand out from the background. With the mise-en scene, the woman has a plain background, hence why I have a plain black background behind me, this is so we are not distracted from her, the lines of shadows from where the lights were faced makes both of us stand out more so that people are more able to focus on our bodies more.


Our version: In the original photo, the mans shadow stands out so in our version we had to set up the lighting so that we could catch Cal's shadow in the photo, to make his shadow more noticeable I made adjustments to the brightness. Having the cigarette in his hand shows his power as a man, cigarettes are quite an expense to pay for so it shows that men have money.    

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work - the photos are very good and show clear understanding of genre representations and the writing clearly enriches this understanding: well done
    to extend and improve attainment
    perhaps consider stereotyping more - perhaps reference organisation of the task and the importance of mis-en-scene / props / lighting etc in a more summative way

    ReplyDelete